Posted on Fri Aug 29, 2008 09:05 AM PDT
Michael Jackson joins fellow 80s icon Madonna in turning 50 today, and GMA got to talk to the reclusive King of Pop about his life so far and what he looks forward to in his "golden years" on the eve of his big day.
On Looking Back on His Past Career:
- â€œI am still looking forward to doing a lot of great things, so thatâ€™s hard. I think the best is yet to come in my true humble opinion.â€
Considering he hasn't put out new material since 2001's Invincible, we're extremely curious to know what he's got in mind for the future!
On the Happiest Moment in His Career:
- â€œThe happiest? the recording of the Thriller and the Off the Wall albums, that meant very much to me and seemed to be received so beautifully by the public and the world. You know, I enjoyed it very much.â€
On His Favorite Artists:
- "I love James Brown. Some of the younger newer artists â€“ I think Chris Brown is doing wonderful and Timberlake. I really admire what they are doing.â€
On His Children:
- â€œI am letting them enjoy their childhood as much as possible. I really do â€“ I let them go to the arcade and go to the movies and do things I think that comes naturally. I want them to get to do things I didnâ€™t get to do. I get pretty emotional when I see them having a wonderful time, when they are on a ride and they are screaming and they are happy and they are running. It makes me emotional.â€
And although Michael may be fifty now, he's apparently still capable of coming up with ground-breaking stuff like when he blew the world away with the debut of the moonwalk in 1983.
- â€œPeople see some of the things I do and say why donâ€™t you show this to the world, people donâ€™t know you do these things! Well, maybe I will.â€
Wouldn't it be awesome to see Michael make a comeback at fifty?
Although we'd love to just see him living a normal life at fifty!
X17 EXCLUSIVE - Katherine Jackson And Michael's Children Are Being Used As Pawns To Validate Fraudulent Will, Family Source Claims - Aug 02, 2012
Katherine Jackson Reinstated As Guardian Of Michael's Three Children - Aug 02, 2012
X17 EXCLUSIVE - Katherine Jackson's Attorney Says There Is "No Animosity" Between Cousins Prince And TJ Following Guardianship Drama - Jul 31, 2012
X17 EXCLUSIVE DETAILS - Jackson Estate Attorney Writes Letter Naming Family Members Banned From Home, Katherine Jackson In Tears - Jul 29, 2012
X17 EXCLUSIVE - Randy Jackson: John Branca, John McClain And Howard Weitzman "Are Trying To Take My Mother's Life" - Jul 27, 2012