Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter Enters Sylvester Stallone Residence Where Son Was Found Dead Suspected Overdose
Jul 14, 2012 08:30 AM
After Sylvester Stallone's son Sage was discovered unresponsive in his home in Studio City just shortly before 3pm on Friday afternoon, Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter arrived with police at the scene and confirmed the 36-year-old was dead.
No suicide note was found, Winter said, but prescription bottles were recovered from the home on Mulholland Drive, though Winter could not say what kind of medication bottles or how many, and no suicide note was found.
Winter said an autopsy will be performed within the next few days and while investigators will begin looking into Stallone's medical history, the toxicology tests will take several weeks to come back.
The Rocky actor was at Comic-Con in San Diego to promote Expendables 2 with co-star Arnold Schwarzenegger when he received the devastating news, saying in a statement through his publicist: "Sylvester Stallone is devastated and grief-stricken over the sudden loss of his son. His compassion and thoughts are with Sage's mother, Sasha."
George Braunstein, Stallone's attorney, said friends and acquaintances had become concerned about the 36-year-old when they hadn't heard from him in several days, and a housekeeper was the first to discover his body. It is believed that Sage had been dead for several days before being found, and was living in a room cluttered with trash which the staff was instructed never to enter.
Sage Moonblood Stallone was the oldest of Stallone's children with first wife Sasha Czack, and co-starred with his father in two films; 1990's Rocky V and 1996's Daylight.
Sylvester Stallone Slams Bruce Willis On Twitter
Sylvester Stallone Takes His Beautiful Ladies To St. Tropez
Sylvester Stallone's Son Sage Died Of Heart Disease
EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS - Sylvester Stallone Returns To Work For The First Time Since Son's Death
Action Stars Unite For The Expendables 2 Premiere