'Twilight' Director Dropped From Sequel
Posted on Mon Dec 8, 2008 09:25 AM PDT

Twilight TwilightSales200.jpgLOS ANGELES, California (X17online) - Even though "Twilight" has earned rave reviews from fans, not mention nearly $140 million at the box office, director Catherine Hardwicke will not be directing the sequel "New Moon."

According to DeadlineHollywoodDaily.com, the reason for change is Hardwicke's schedule.

"I am sorry that due to timing I will not have the opportunity to direct 'New Moon,'" said Hardwicke. "Directing 'Twilight' has been one of the great experiences of my life, and I am grateful to the fans for their passionate support of the film. I wish everyone at Summit the best with the sequel - it is a great story."

"Catherine did an incredible job in helping us to launch the 'Twilight' franchise, and we thank her for all of her efforts and we very much hope to work with her on future Summit projects," said Summit production president Erik Feig.

Even though both sides publicly say the split is due to a "scheduling conflict," sources from Summit Entertainment reportedly said that Hardwicke, "was "difficult" and "irrational" during the making of "Twilight."

So far, no new director has been announced.

MORE NEWS... »