Sharon Stone Apologizes Again
Posted on Wed Jun 4, 2008 03:05 PM PDT

Sharon Stone sstonechina200.jpg LOS ANGELES, California (X17online) - Actress Sharon Stone has apologized again for her tactless remark at the Cannes Film Festival regarding the earthquake in China.

Two weeks ago, when asked about the recent earthquake in China which killed over 68,000 people, Stone said in an interview with Hong Kong's Cable Entertainment News, "This earthquake happened, and then I thought, 'Is that karma? When you're not nice that the bad things happen to you?'"

Stone released the following statement through her publicist today:

"There has been numerous reports about what I said in Cannes. I would like to set the record straight about what I feel in my heart and end all of the misunderstandings. Yes, I misspoke. I could not be more regretful of that mistake. It was unintentional. I apologize, those words were never meant to be hurtful to anyone, they were an accident of my distraction and a product of news sensationalism. I am deeply saddened by the pain that this whole situation has caused the victims of the devastating earthquake in China."

Though this is the second time Stone, 50, has publicly apologized for her comment, Christian Dior China announced last week that the actress' advertisements for the brand will be pulled.

CLICK HERE to see a photo gallery of Sharon Stone on the red carpet in Cannes

CLICK HERE to see all of X17online's stories on Sharon Stone

CLICK HERE to see all of X17's Sharon Stone videos

MORE NEWS... »